Friday 17 November 2017

Pupil job vacancies

Hi everyone,
 
Mrs Tanner explained today that she has some job vacancies for pupils around school. In order to get these jobs, pupils need to formally apply just as you would when you apply for jobs after you leave school.
We have discussed how to write a formal letter of application in class but I also promised I would put additional guidance on the blog here, so below I have copied an example letter of application which you can use to help you get the tone and structure right. Be careful with your presentation too- first impressions count!
 
The job vacancies available are:
  • Play leaders
  • Digital leaders
  • Office crew
I hope this is of some help to you all and I know Mrs Tanner will be looking forward to receiving your applications from Monday.


GOOD LUCK!!


 
Miss Barrell
 
 
Dear Mr. Gilhooley,
 

I am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union. As requested, I am enclosing a completed job application, my certification, my resume, and three references.

The opportunity presented in this listing is very interesting, and I believe that my strong technical experience and education will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:
  • I have successfully designed, developed, and supported live use applications
  • I strive for continued excellence
  • I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers

  • With a BS degree in Computer Programming, I have a full understanding of the full lifecycle of a software development project. I also have experience in learning and excelling at new technologies as needed.

    Please see my resume for additional information on my experience.

    I can be reached anytime via email at: john.donaldson@emailexample.com or by phone: 909-555-5555.

    Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.

    Sincerely,

    Signature

    John Donaldson

    No comments:

    Post a Comment